Pages

Wednesday 30 July 2014

First ever Proper family holiday ....

Tomorrow we embark on our first ever proper family holiday as a family of 5! 
Myself, husband, and 3 daughters age 11, 7 and 4 are very much excited and looking forward to it.

It's a week long holiday to a cheap and cheerful apartment in Marmaris, Turkey.  We booked it last minute so the last week or so getting everything ready has been manic! Especially as my husband works away so I've done everything by myself!

No one tells you when booking a last minute holiday there is so much more other stuff to sort out!! I thought holiday clothes would be the hardest thing to do. I had travel insurance, visas, booking kennels for our dog, money, clothes, shoes, making sure I had the right sun care for the kids (this was a minefield alone) printing out excessive amounts of booking forms etc, airport parking & more!! I feel like I need and deserve a holiday now. 

But never mind all that as it's finally here! I'm about to log off and go for a lovely pedicure so my feet look presentable for the holiday (nothing to do with the fact now the husband is home I would love an hour to myself) kids are so excited and the two youngest woke me up this morning by singing "it's the final countdown".

Airport parking is booked tomorrow for 10am then we will drop our bags off and plonk ourselves somewhere in the airport and RELAX until it's time to get on the plane.

Wish us luck!!




No comments:

Post a Comment